Monday 15 June 2015

The Result Of An Epiphany

So this is the result of the epiphany I had in the gym this morning of setting up a new blog to document and share my journey of improving my health, fitness and lifestyle as a student and voila here is the first blog post on my journey.

Hola, I’m Shannon, Shan, whatever floats your boat. I started uni in 2014 and after half a year of doing nothing but drinking, getting minimal sleep, going out and eating absolute crap in my diet, I decided I didn’t want to totally change but definitely improve my general lifestyle as a student. I still go out and live the stereotypical student life but I cut out a lot of the shit and baggage that potentially comes with it, purely because how mentally and physically unhealthy my lifestyle was becoming which then made me become very negative about pretty much everything, and I’m not about the negative Nancy life.
 I am in no way a fitness guru or some professional in health and lifestyle, I am just a student that is adapting her life for the better, oh how cliché…gross. But true.
 I’m already well on my way through my journey to becoming happier in myself mentally and physically, I’ve been going to the gym 6 days a week for the past 5 months and have rest days on Sunday’s and I’ve totally changed my eating habits, this is awfully cliché too, but I have never felt better. 100%. 
Being a student money is always an issue and can be a big barrier in eating better and not just popping over to dominoes to get a pizza because fruit and veg aren’t the cheapest foods out there but in my opinion are honestly are worth every penny, when doing food shops I do spend a lot of time comparing to try and find the cheapest foods that are good foods to keep my spending on the down low. 
It’s the same kind of idea with a gym membership and they can be pretty expensive for a student but after having my gym membership which I stupidly didn’t use for the first 3 months, I would definitely say buying a membership is worth it if you can. In my own personal opinion I prefer to go to the gym and workout instead of in a park or on a run outside, mainly due to the fact I feel I can focus and keep track of my progress better and generally feel more comfortable in a gym, plus running around the concrete jungle that is Coventry doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. 
That’s kind of where I’m at, at the moment: Gym and eating better. I will be posting blog posts a few times a week on different areas of health, fitness and lifestyle as a student that I find on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment