Monday 15 June 2015

All Things Green...


Anyone that knows me, will know how much I love my smoothies and juices esp green ones, so this is the average green smoothie I normally make at home.
I use the Breville Blender which at first was a total impulse buy but has definitely become a worthy impulse buy, it’s super awesome and not expensive. I got mine off amazon for £22 but they usually range from £20-£35 depending on the type you get mine is the Blend-Active Personal Blender. It’s so easy and convenient, the bottle it’s all blended in is the same bottle you can drink it from, you just change the lid from the blade blender lid to the drink lid, with very little washing up (always a bonus for a student).
In this smoothie, I have put in:
1 handful of spinach
2 table spoons of low fat natural yoghurt
Half an avocado
Handful of ice cubes
1 Apple
It’s not the sweetest of smoothies so you could add lemon juice or honey for sweetness but I prefer mine unsweetened.
The smoothies can also be quite stodgy so I sometimes add either skimmed milk or water to loosen the mixture to make it blend better into a smoothie.
You can put anything in a smoothie and make your own recipes I try to make at least 2 or 3 of these type of smoothies a week because it’s a fab way of getting the greens in your body in a different form to just eating them in meals.
Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Blend-Active-Personal-Blender-White/dp/B00DGLUW4E


No comments:

Post a Comment