Monday 15 June 2015

My Morning Workout Routine

Yep, you did just read that I, a student, gets up in the morning and goes to the gym. From October to December last year I didn’t even know what the morning looked like as I had a horrendous sleeping pattern of going to sleep in the early hours and sleeping most of the day. Which looking back now is something I’m not happy I did but hey ho, it’s all one big journey.
But when I decided to change my lifestyle I was reading a ton of articles on what is the ‘best’ time to workout. Different articles said different things but my personal conclusion is whenever is best for you. At first I tried doing my workouts at different times during the day starting with evenings, as well as the gym being busy I was realising I was lacking in motivation due to being at uni all day and ended up just wanting to go home to bed.
So I switched it up and tried going during my lunch break at uni, which wasn’t too bad but when I had finished I was knackered and didn’t fancy going back to uni to do more work in the afternoon and again I then switched it up!
MORNINGSSSS!!
By far the best time of the day for me personally, at first getting into a routine of getting up at 6am to go to the gym for 7am and be back and showered before uni at 9am was quite tricky as my body wasn’t used to it but I powered through and now LOVE getting up early. To make sure my body would merge into this routine I was very strict at first of what time I went to sleep, it would be around 10-10:30 just so my body could get enough sleep to get up early. Making sure I got at least 8 hours sleep each night.
When my body started to get used to my new routine it was a lot easier and I had a lot more energy to start the day.
My Workout Routine:
At the moment because I’m mostly focusing on losing weight, I mainly focus on cardio in the gym. And loads of people say you need to mix it up with weights and stuff like that as well but so far my body is reacting well to cardio so I’m sticking with that for now. I mainly use 2 machines which are the cross trainer and treadmill.
Cross trainer: 45 minutes interval training, I will do a warm up then I will go on to doing:
2 minutes intense-1 minute cool-1minute intense-1minute cool-2minutes intense and repeat for 45 minutes. Raising your heart rate in small burst with intervals is a proven way to burn those calories and seems to be working for me!
I then head over to the treadmill and I’ll a lot of the time do a HIIT workout, which will start off as a fast paced walk, then a jog, then a standard run for 1 minute then a sprint for 50 seconds and back to a standard run for 1 minutes and sprint again for 50 seconds, I will repeat the run-sprint workout for 15 minutes.
My favourite type of workout is definitely a HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout, although it’s pretty tough and tiring depending on the level you push yourself to, You feel amazing after.
And that is about all I do at the gym at the moment, 1 hour of cardio a day is definitely enough to burn those unwanted calories and release the good toxins for your body.
When I go on to using other equipment at the gym to tone up after I’ve got to my weight goal I’ll update on my next gym routine


No comments:

Post a Comment