Sunday 30 August 2015

I cant believe that August is over already! That month went super fast but its time to review the monthly motives of August!

AUGUST FITNESS:
Pace
This motive has by far been the best one of this month, I've really enjoyed working on my pace during my runs because it has had such a positive impact on my thoughts about running and how my body reacts to my runs now. So, before I started working on my pace I saw the run part of my workouts as a chore because of my impatience. When I went running, I would go too fast which then made me want to stop sooner because I would tire quicker ( mainly because I have got pretty used to going on HIIT runs). So being able to work on my pace to enable me to run further and for longer has helped me to enjoy running more. So much so that I have made a goal for myself to be ready to run a full marathon in 2017. 
Motive Met? Smashed. 

AUGUST HEALTH:
Water 
This motive is going pretty well, I'm finding it a lot easier to get started with my days once I have had a glass of water before anything else. I know that sounds cliché but its true, drinking a glass of water every morning before I do anything else has become a very refreshing part of my get ready routine. I did drink a lot of water throughout the day before I started this motive and I still do but  I wanted to set it as a motive to make sure I was drinking water before filling my body with caffeine as it contributes massively to getting your metabolism started again after your body has been in a fasted state all night.
Motive Met? Smashed.

AUGUST LIFESTYLE:
No alcohol
So I am full on holding my hands up, waving a white flag and admitting that I failed at smashing this motive. BUT im not going to put myself down about it because yes, I had a couple glasses of Rosé with my dinners a couple of times during the month, but I could've done a lot worse with other alcoholic beverages that contain higher amounts of sugar and other nasties.One thing I will take away from this motive is, improving my willpower and knowing its not rude to say no to alcohol sometimes when at a friends or out with friends. ( plus some more will power to be able to say no sometimes to the beloved Rosé
Motive Met? Fizzled.


No comments:

Post a Comment